Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How toi turn-off hyperlinks [excel]? Email hyperlinks pop up !

Email hyperlinks pop up as I try to access each cell. I've tried turning
off hyperlinks (TOOLS: AUTOCORRECT: AUTOFORMAT AS YOU TYPE. Under REPLACE AS
YOU TYPE, I have selected "CLEAR INTERNET AND NETWORK PATHS.... AND CHECKED
THE APPROPRIATE BOX.) but that doesn't do it. I have tried doing it to the
entire docdument, to individual rows, columns and cells but it dosen't help.

I sent a spread sheet to someone who could not use it due to all the
hyperlinks opening. She copied the info to a word file, then transferred the
data from there to a new excel file and it worked perfectly. She sent it
back to me...... and when I tried to use it...... THe hyperlinks popped up
again. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That Autocorrect setting will stop new hyperlinks from appearing. It won't
remove the existing hyperlinks.

If you want to remove the hyperlinks:
Select the range to fix (all the cells???)
hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE--where macros live)
hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)
type this and hit enter:
selection.hyperlinks.delete

Then alt-f11 to get back to excel and test out your changes.

--

Dave Peterson