Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem with linking file - please help!!!!!

I have a file which I use regularly and which is linked to a file
named "2XDM May '07 Monitoring Summary". This file is updated
everymonth and renamed i.e. "2XDM June '07 Monitoring Summary". The
problem I am having with linking cells to this file is that once
updated and the month changed, I've always had to, either manually
relink or manually type the new month over the old one.This can take a
long time given the volume of data I work with.

What I have In mind is typing the period name i.e. in a cell, say A2
(on the destination file) and then link it with the source file i.e.
file on the shared drive, hoping that every month once I change the
period on the destination drive, the data will authomatically change
to that available for the new month. I have tried this but it wont
work. Below is what I have done!

=+'Q:\directorate_sc\Forecasting Model\Monitoring Templates\Community
Care\2007-08\2XAA_Comm_Services\2XDA_Adults_Services\2XDM\[2XDM May
Monitoring Summary.xls]Consolidate'!$O$73.

Any great ideal will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ola.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi I to work with suck linking file and I use a simple trick

Select all the cells which contains the link formula
Ctr + F i.e Find And replace
Find: 2XDM May
Replace With : 2XDM June

It will replace all May with June

Claude

"Ola2B" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Ola2B" wrote:
[...]

Ola.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, but can this be done authomatically using a macro once the
period is changed in a cell?