Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PBJ PBJ is offline

Default Default Opening Window Size?

Is there a preference (on Macs) or an option (on PCs) that a user can set to
specify the size of the window Excel opens a workbook in? Some of our
vendors, mysteriously, send us spreadsheets that, when you open them, open in
a teeny tiny window. It's not hard, of course, to drag the window open
further or to simply maximize it, but I was just wondering if that's the sort
of thing you can set a default on.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not sure if you can exactly customize it. Using VBA you can trap
workbook open and maximize it then:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
End Sub

This goes in workbook code
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200731

"PBJ" wrote:

Is there a preference (on Macs) or an option (on PCs) that a user can set to
specify the size of the window Excel opens a workbook in? Some of our
vendors, mysteriously, send us spreadsheets that, when you open them, open in
a teeny tiny window. It's not hard, of course, to drag the window open
further or to simply maximize it, but I was just wondering if that's the sort
of thing you can set a default on.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PBJ PBJ is offline

Thanks for the reply--You've kind of confirmed what I suspected. The macro
you've suggested my save the day, though: Perhaps as we receive "problem"
spreadsheets I can embed the macro. As sheets are circulated and reused over
time, it might cut down on the number of issues we're having.

Thanks again!