Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default pivot table converts to text

We have a problem with pivot tables which is becoming quite troublesome. We
have a excel spreadsheet which includes a large datatable and we summarise
the data using a pivot table.

Often, this pivot table will convert itself to a text block - i.e. it looses
all the properties of a pivot table and just shows the last answer. We then
have to redo the pivot table.

Several people use the spreadsheet (although not simultaneously) - the only
possible explanation I have looked at is that one user is using Excel 2007
whilst the rest of us are still on 2003. We never had these issues prior to
the Excel 2007.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

You need to get the XL2007 user to save it in XL97-2003 compatibility
mode.
Provided you do, this you can work on it as a Pivot table in both
versions. When it goes through the File Conversion process from 2007 to
2003, what you describe usually occurs.

--
Regards

Roger Govier