Lionel Lim (Malaysia)

Default Using Excel converts number to english text

Converts a number to English text same as "Bahttext" Function
Normaly we using Excel to create a invoice but only Thai text can do this
type of converts, can I have this fuction for english text, please!
Gord Dibben

Lionel

A posting from Norman Harker.............

See:

XL2000: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words
http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;EN-US;213360

and:

XL: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;140704&

and:

(courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post):

If you want an addin that provides a worksheet function that does this,
download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll addin found
he

http://longre.free.fr/english/

It is downloaded in a zip file which also contains an informative file in
'hlp' format that describes the 33 or so very useful
functions included, one of which does the number to words conversion you
describe (supports various languages and currencies).

See also Laurent's latest version that is multi-lingual.

http://longre.free.fr/tradnombre/NbText.zip

and:
(Courtesy of Andy Wiggins FCCA) of www.BygSoftware.com

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...s/num2wrds.zip

It's in the "Accountants" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
It contains two methods to convert numbers to words and two check writing
routines.

The code is open and commented.

And, finally:

A post containing a UDF by Bernie Deitrick that will take you into US budget
territory by covering amounts into trillions.
--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP