Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Reorder pivot table field lists

I have a long list under certain pivot table fields, and I would like to
reorder them so they are not in alphabetic order. I have read in help that
you can drag and drop manually, but for some reason I cannot figure out how
to do it. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure that AutoSort Options are set to Manual for the field you are
trying to sort manually.

Right Click (or double-clcik) on the field name, choose "Field Settings...",
click on "Advanced" and select 'Manual ("you can ...")' under AutoSort

Rich

"Josh Johansen" wrote:

I have a long list under certain pivot table fields, and I would like to
reorder them so they are not in alphabetic order. I have read in help that
you can drag and drop manually, but for some reason I cannot figure out how
to do it. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I double click on the field, it brings up the PivotTable Field box, I
then click on advanced, and the manual button is selected, but top 10
autoshow is greyed out, and I am unable to manually drag to reorder like it
says I should be able to. I tried to figure out what you meant by autosort
options set to manual, but have been unable to figure that out, any help?
Thanks.