Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Update Table or Reorder

I have a table with 5000 rows of part numbers. I have a second table with
those same numbers but in a completely different order. The second table has
pricing with each part number.

I need to: Reorder table 2 to match table one or move the pricing from
table to to table 1.. Microsoft removed the ability to use Access and update
queries to be used with linked tables so I am stuck.

Can someone help me with a solution to this?? Please??

Thank you
--
Jeff C
Live Well .. Be Happy In All You Do
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If it helps column A table 1 matches column B table 2.

If using an update query in access I would update columns 3-9 table one with
values in columns 4-10 table 2.

Thanks again
--

"Jeff C" wrote:

I have a table with 5000 rows of part numbers. I have a second table with
those same numbers but in a completely different order. The second table has
pricing with each part number.

I need to: Reorder table 2 to match table one or move the pricing from
table to to table 1.. Microsoft removed the ability to use Access and update
queries to be used with linked tables so I am stuck.

Can someone help me with a solution to this?? Please??

Thank you
--
Jeff C
Live Well .. Be Happy In All You Do

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tom tom is offline

If table B has one and only one row for each part number in table A, then
sort both tables on the part number column and copy and paste the pricing.

If you need to get the tables back to the original order, insert a column in
each before sorting, fill down with numbers 1 - 5000, then sort on that
column to finish.