Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table -- Refresh Data in Field Dropdown Lists

On a spreadsheet that gets refreshed daily from an external source, I have
two worksheets. One is the data itself that gets refreshed, the other is a
pivot table (built off of the data worksheeet). I've been using this for
many weeks now, no problems.

One thing that is annoying, and I'm looking for help --

On the pivot table, when I select the dropdown for any field heading, it
seems to continue to show values that are no longer in the current data
(source of the pivot). Values that used to be there, continue to be there.
Despite refreshing the data, deleting then re-adding the field, etc.

Does anyone know of a way to change this so that the only selectable values
in that dropdown box are the current values from the source of the pivot
table?

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra Dalgleish knows the answer to this one:

http://contextures.com/xlPivot04.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP