Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If or and conditional formatting using wild card

I have applied 3 conditional formats to a cell and need to apply a 4th. I
thought I could amalgamate one of the conditions to cover this 4th option but
I'm not sure what to do. I am in cell A3 and the condition currently is
=if(or(D3=Housing Benefit NIHE",E3="Housing Benefit NIHE"),and(A3="Housing
Benefit NIHE")) the cell changes to red if condition met.

Cell A3 could have an entry Housing Benefit NIHE or Housing Benefit RCA so
as I have no more options to put in a 4th condition to cover "Housing Benefit
RCA" I would like the cell to change to red if cell contains the words
"Housing Benefit". I think I may have to use ISNUMBER(SEARCH but I'm not sure
how to join the whole formula together.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

..... wrong .... What exactly are you testing ...

If D3 OR E3="Housing Benefit NIHE" AND A3="Housing Benefit NIHE" OR
="Housing Benefit RCA" then turn RED ....

=AND(OR(D3="Housing Benefit NIHE",E3="Housing Benefit NIHE"),(OR(A3="Housing
Benefit NIHE",A3="Housing Benefit RCA"))

??