Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jimar jimar is offline

Default If or and conditional formatting using wild card

I have applied 3 conditional formats to a cell and need to apply a 4th. I
thought I could amalgamate one of the conditions to cover this 4th option but
I'm not sure what to do. I am in cell A3 and the condition currently is
=if(or(D3=Housing Benefit NIHE",E3="Housing Benefit NIHE"),and(A3="Housing
Benefit NIHE")) the cell changes to red if condition met.

Cell A3 could have an entry Housing Benefit NIHE or Housing Benefit RCA so
as I have no more options to put in a 4th condition to cover "Housing Benefit
RCA" I would like the cell to change to red if cell contains the words
"Housing Benefit". I think I may have to use ISNUMBER(SEARCH but I'm not sure
how to join the whole formula together.