Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Many worksheets in a workbook

I plan to have a workbook that will comprise about 70 worksheets, each sheet
will be given a name.

Questions:

1. I would expect the sheets tab be closely tag to each other. How to make
these worksheets name tab visible?

2. Is there a way to SORT these worksheet names as more sheets are being
added?

Thanks.

zhj23

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. You may need to use shorter sheet name. But you can right click on any 4
sheet navigator scroll arrow in the left corner to see\select sheet names.
Or you can use your own macro to activate sheet as under. Afterwards you can
click on the first button( "Activate Sheet" ) in the standard toolbar to
activate sheet dialog box upto excel-2003.

Sub activateSheet()
'works from excel-97 to excel-2007
'adds one button in standard toolbar at begning & shows sheet activate
dialogbox.
'

Dim cBar As CommandBar
Dim cnt As CommandBarButton
Dim cntId As Long
Dim CntCap

cntId = 957 ' = button id for Activate Dialog
CntCap = "Activate Sheet"

Set cBar = CommandBars("Standard")
Set cnt = cBar.FindControl(Type:=1, ID:=cntId)
If cnt Is Nothing Then
Set cnt = cBar.Controls.Add(Type:=1, befo=1, ID:=cntId)
With cnt
.Caption = CntCap
.Style = 3
.FaceId = 1027
End With
End If
cnt.Execute
End Sub

2. For Sorting Sheets, you may find codes from VBA code page of below site

http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/

Regards,
Shailesh Shah
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/
(Excel Add-ins Page)
If You Can't Excel with Talent, Triumph with Effort.

"zhj23" wrote in message
I plan to have a workbook that will comprise about 70 worksheets, each
sheet
will be given a name.

Questions:

1. I would expect the sheets tab be closely tag to each other. How to
make
these worksheets name tab visible?

2. Is there a way to SORT these worksheet names as more sheets are being
added?

Thanks.

zhj23

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Take a look at "Data across multiple sheets" at
http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/excel_truths.htm. Don't be too quick to dismiss it. You
could well need it later down the road.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...