Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need excel to do mutiple functions per row

we use excel to list the bills that we are sending to the CPA- the CPA has
created the spreadsheet we use- and I am not sure of his methods
he created this with a cost center (column c)drop down 'pick list,' in other
words you cannot type part of it and have it autotfill the rest. You have to
drop down and hilight what needs to be filled
what i would like to do is automate many of the monthly bills
what i have to type
column a column b column c
at&t phone bill pick from dropdown list the cost center

what i would like to do is:
column a column b column c
at&t autopopulate phone bill autopopulate correct cost
center number

if the word is long enough, it will auto fill the first 2 columns

this will not owrk for all of the bills we get but would cut down
significantly and make sure we always chose the right cost center
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may want to have a dropdown list for the A column names and VLOOKUP for
filling the B and C columns from a table.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for more on VLOOKUP and Data
Validation lists for entering the choices.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Note the section on using DV lists from another worksheet by naming the list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP