Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do you turn a .xls file into a .xlr file

I am using excel 2002 and have a .xls file I have sent. The end user only
has Works 7.0. How can I turn my .xls file into a .xlr file or how can the
end user read my .xls file?
--
a dollar short
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tell the user to open the Works spreadsheet program and save a test workbook.

They'll be able to see a list of all the file types that Works supports (like
File|SaveAs shows in the Save as Type dropdown).

Then you can use that format.

I think that a very early version of excel will work--or an early version of
Lotus 123 (*.wks) would work.

But check with the recipient first.

atm man wrote:

I am using excel 2002 and have a .xls file I have sent. The end user only
has Works 7.0. How can I turn my .xls file into a .xlr file or how can the
end user read my .xls file?
--
a dollar short

--