Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sending data from a form to another worksheet

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet that I maintain for a club for scoring tournaments.
Instead of one long worksheet that has all the various fields for all the
competitors (too long for simply using Data - Forms) I want to make a
'front' worksheet that is more of a data entry form for the user to input the
competitor data, the tournament data, and the match data. I'd like to be
have a button they can click to enter the data into the main worksheet,
another to pull the data from the main worksheet to a pretty-print form (for
submitting to the governing organization), etc.

Is there any way to do this w/ just macros (I've hardly ever used them up
til now), or am I getting into the realm of VBA programming? I have access
to an Excel/VBA book, just haven't needed it yet.

Also... if I get this hammered out and working on my PC... will the VBA
scripts work in Excel on my Macbook laptop?

Thanks,

Monte