Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default use a worksheet as a form to collect data

Is it possible to use a worksheet as a form to collect data for example, we
have monthly reviews, where we enter data into cells of an excel spreadsheet
(this is full of Validation and Conditional Formating) so January 2007 would
be selected from a drop down list, as would the Company who's review was
taking place. A "once a month date" is entered as the date the review takes
place.
What I would like to do (without creating 12 worksheets) is to colate this
data, into a (hiden) worksheet so that I can use this to calculate "year to
date" figures and for comparison previous years figures and use the main
input form to recover a previous reviews data.
I supose what I am after doing is similar to a Access input form writing to
and reading from an Access table, but in excel.
Is this possible???
Thanks in anticipation
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You may want to look at Debra Dalgleish's site:

http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html
And maybe later...
http://contextures.com/xlForm03.html

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Paul,

To do that automatically you will need to add a macro (VBA). The basic idea
is to copy all the data from the input sheet to the master database sheet
below the last set of data.

Viewing prior data on the input sheet could also be done with a macro which
executes the Data, Filter, Advanced Filter, Copy to a New location command.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire