Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove Manual Line Breaks in Cell

How can we identify and remove manual line breaks in a cell. These are
breaks created by using ALT + Enter. Our client gives us a file that has
these breaks in the street address and we need to remove them. Please advise.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ctrl + H, put cursor in the find box and hold down alt while typing 010 on
the numpad, I assume you want to replace it with a space so put one in the
replace with box (or leave it empty to replace it with nothing) and select
replace all and click OK or press enter

Peo Sjoblom

"prizm" wrote in message
How can we identify and remove manual line breaks in a cell. These are
breaks created by using ALT + Enter. Our client gives us a file that has
these breaks in the street address and we need to remove them. Please
advise.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Check out ASAP Utilities, a free add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com.
It has a feature that allows selective deletion of characters.....should do
what you want.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"prizm" wrote:

How can we identify and remove manual line breaks in a cell. These are
breaks created by using ALT + Enter. Our client gives us a file that has
these breaks in the street address and we need to remove them. Please advise.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Select the range of cells to be altered

From the Excel main menu:
<edit<replace
Find what: [Ctrl]+J
Replace with: (leave this blank)
Click the [Replace all] button

That should remove all of the line breaks.

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP