Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Restricting Scroll Prevents Row and Column Choice

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim mysheets As Sheets
Set mysheets = Worksheets(Array(1, 2, 3,4,5))
For Each Sheet In mysheets
Sheet.ScrollArea = "A1:O58"
Next
End Sub

One thing I've noticed with this code is that , once in place , it
inhibits the choice of rows and columns entirely. You just can't select
them.

Is there anyway of avoiding this when the scrolling restriction is in
place?

Thanks again
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Colin,

I think this is normal and intended behavior. There could be formulas and other stuff in
the cells outside the scroll area. It's just, I think, to keep the user out. You may have
noticed that the scroll area setting also inhibits the action of the scroll bars. That'd
make it a little tough to SEE the cells outside the scroll area in some cases (depending on
the zoom setting). But I think that's the way it is.

That's my story, but I might not stick to it

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Sex is one of the nine reasons for reincarnation. The other e eight are unimportant.."
George Burns.

"Colin Hayes" wrote in message

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim mysheets As Sheets
Set mysheets = Worksheets(Array(1, 2, 3,4,5))
For Each Sheet In mysheets
Sheet.ScrollArea = "A1:O58"
Next
End Sub

One thing I've noticed with this code is that , once in place , it inhibits the choice of
rows and columns entirely. You just can't select them.

Is there anyway of avoiding this when the scrolling restriction is in place?

Thanks again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Colin

In addition to Earl's response.

Also if you could select a column or row you would be able to insert or delete
which would defeat the purpose of the scrollarea.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:26:45 +0100, Colin Hayes
wrote:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim mysheets As Sheets
Set mysheets = Worksheets(Array(1, 2, 3,4,5))
For Each Sheet In mysheets
Sheet.ScrollArea = "A1:O58"
Next
End Sub

One thing I've noticed with this code is that , once in place , it
inhibits the choice of rows and columns entirely. You just can't select
them.

Is there anyway of avoiding this when the scrolling restriction is in
place?

Thanks again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , Gord Dibben
<gorddibbATshawDOTca@?.? writes
Colin

In addition to Earl's response.

Also if you could select a column or row you would be able to insert or delete
which would defeat the purpose of the scrollarea.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Hi

OK thanks for your help on this. I see the logic of what both of you
say.

Nevertheless , in the particular application I have for Excel , I did
want to be able select rows and / or columns.

Never mind , I just wondered if it could be an optional thing.

^_^

Best Wishes

Colin