Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gc gc is offline

Default Runtime error prevents Excel 2000 to save file

I have a VB 6.0 application that creates reports using Excel 2000. The
application has been working fine but recently I installed it on a new hard
drive (same configuration) and now I get a run time error everytime I try to
save the excel report. The error is: Runtime error '1004'. "Unable to set
the CenterHeader Property of the Page Setup class." Can anyone help me
troubleshoot this problem?!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try resetting the default printer to a real printer?

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.3 now available
Name Manager 4.0 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"GC" wrote in message
I have a VB 6.0 application that creates reports using Excel 2000. The
application has been working fine but recently I installed it on a new
hard
drive (same configuration) and now I get a run time error everytime I try
save the excel report. The error is: Runtime error '1004'. "Unable to
set
the CenterHeader Property of the Page Setup class." Can anyone help me
troubleshoot this problem?!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gc gc is offline

Thanks a million Charles. This worked like a charm. I don't have a printer
on my system but I setup a fake one and the error went away. I didn't know
excel properties were directly related to the printer. I learn something
new. I guess I have to put additional checks in my application in case a
printer is not present. Thanks again for your help!