Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AM AM is offline

Default save - some cells save but others don't

Hi
I entered data into a spreadsheet yesterday and saved it. Today some of that
information is gone. It appears as if some cells were saved while other
information entered into another column at the same time was not saved.
this spreadsheet was created from a template I have used many times without
any problems. It has macros but they don't relate to saving, it is not
protected and its in Excel 2003.
Any help would be most appreciated.
AM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you sure you saved the workbook after you made all the changes?

Are you sure you opened the same workbook that you saved after all the changes
were made?

I would expect user error to be the cause (sorry). But if it happens enough so
that you can duplicate the problem, maybe those macros do more than you know.

If you can duplicate it on demand, I'd open excel in safe mode and test it.

Close excel
windows start button|run
excel /safe
click ok

(macros will be disabled)

File|Open your workbook and do some changes, then save the workbook.

Close it and reopen it (still in safe mode).

If the data looks good, then maybe it is a macro.

If you can't duplicate this, I'm still betting on user error.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AM AM is offline

Hi

thanks for the reply. I appreciate the role of user error but I don't think
this is the case here as I typed information in two cells which were side by
side and periodically saved. information in one cell was saved but sometimes
not saved in the other. Unfortunately I haven't been able to repeat the
problem. it might just have been a glitch but I wanted to check in case this
was a known problem and I could avoid it in the future.