Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default problem with filter

Hello
I work with Excel 2003 and when I use the filter to scroll down my list of
names, I can only see up to the names starting with M when my spreadsheet
goes up to Z (of course).
Any suggestion please?
Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Pascale

Autofilter has a limit of 100 rows for display when a filter is applied.
For a workaround take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Pascale" wrote in message
Hello
I work with Excel 2003 and when I use the filter to scroll down my
list of
names, I can only see up to the names starting with M when my
spreadsheet
goes up to Z (of course).
Any suggestion please?
Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry Roger, it's not exactly what I mean. Imagine you have 3 columns for 1st
name, surname and address. you select these column headings and go to Data,
filter and auto.

Appears next to each heading a little arrow pointing downward. when you
click on the one next to "Surname", you see all the surnames sorted
alphabetically. Without applying the filter but just scrolling down that list
I can only see up to M rather than Z. Why is that and what can be done about
it please?
Thanks

"Pascale" wrote in message
Hello
I work with Excel 2003 and when I use the filter to scroll down my
list of
names, I can only see up to the names starting with M when my
spreadsheet
goes up to Z (of course).
Any suggestion please?
Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Pascale

I apologise for the mistake in my previous post, I meant to type 1000
not 100.
The same applies to the dropdown.
If there are more than 1000 different names between A and M, then you
will only see through to M

Enter Number in cell A1 of a blank sheet.
In A2 enter =ROW()
drag A2 down through A3:A1100
Apply an Autofilter to A1, and use the dropdown
How many do you see the list go up to?
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Pascale" wrote in message
Hello
I work with Excel 2003 and when I use the filter to scroll down my
list of
names, I can only see up to the names starting with M when my
spreadsheet
goes up to Z (of course).
Any suggestion please?
Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Roger meant 1000 rows in the dropdown box, not 100.

Go to the site he pointed you to and re-read the information.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP