Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pascale Pascale is offline

Default problem with filter

Sorry Roger, it's not exactly what I mean. Imagine you have 3 columns for 1st
name, surname and address. you select these column headings and go to Data,
filter and auto.

Appears next to each heading a little arrow pointing downward. when you
click on the one next to "Surname", you see all the surnames sorted
alphabetically. Without applying the filter but just scrolling down that list
I can only see up to M rather than Z. Why is that and what can be done about
it please?
Thanks

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Pascale

Autofilter has a limit of 100 rows for display when a filter is applied.
For a workaround take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Pascale" wrote in message
Hello
I work with Excel 2003 and when I use the filter to scroll down my
list of
names, I can only see up to the names starting with M when my
spreadsheet
goes up to Z (of course).
Any suggestion please?
Many thanks