Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I change column heading in excel (2007)

Please advise on how I change colum heading from 1234 to ABCD in Office 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools | Options | [General] tab. Clear the "R1C1 Reference Style" checkbox.

Please advise on how I change colum heading from 1234 to ABCD in Office 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David wants this for Excel 2007. After some hunting I discovered it.

Office button Excel Options Formulas clear the "R1C1 Reference Style"
checkbox under "Working with Formulas".

I don't know why it's not on the View tab of the ribbon.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"David" wrote:

Please advise on how I change colum heading from 1234 to ABCD in Office
2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

the challenge and excitement of finding shuffled menu options, another reason
to upgrade to office 2007...

"David" wrote:

Please advise on how I change colum heading from 1234 to ABCD in Office
2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"David wants this for Excel 2007. After some hunting I discovered it."

Arrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!

Not too far down the road when someone asks "how do I..." our first response
is going to be "Pre-2007 or 2007/later?...."