-   -   how do I change column heading in excel (2007) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/145201-how-do-i-change-column-heading-excel-2007-a.html)

David

how do I change column heading in excel (2007)

Please advise on how I change colum heading from 1234 to ABCD in Office 2007

JLatham

how do I change column heading in excel (2007)

Tools | Options | [General] tab. Clear the "R1C1 Reference Style" checkbox.

"David" wrote:

Please advise on how I change colum heading from 1234 to ABCD in Office 2007

Jon Peltier

how do I change column heading in excel (2007)

David wants this for Excel 2007. After some hunting I discovered it.

Office button Excel Options Formulas clear the "R1C1 Reference Style"
checkbox under "Working with Formulas".

I don't know why it's not on the View tab of the ribbon.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"David" wrote:

Please advise on how I change colum heading from 1234 to ABCD in Office
2007

dlw

how do I change column heading in excel (2007)

the challenge and excitement of finding shuffled menu options, another reason
to upgrade to office 2007...

"David" wrote:

Please advise on how I change colum heading from 1234 to ABCD in Office
2007

JLatham

how do I change column heading in excel (2007)

"David wants this for Excel 2007. After some hunting I discovered it."

Arrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!

Not too far down the road when someone asks "how do I..." our first response
is going to be "Pre-2007 or 2007/later?...."

"David" wrote:

Please advise on how I change colum heading from 1234 to ABCD in Office
2007

Jon Peltier

how do I change column heading in excel (2007)

Yeah, and my memory's getting to the point where I can hide my own Easter
eggs...

- Jon
-------