Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create a copy always checked

Hi.

I would like users to be able to copy worksheets (with protection intact),
but not move them.

The only way I can think to do this is to somehow have the "Create a copy"
check box on the "Move or Copy..." menu always checked.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think you can change those builtin dialogs.

You may want to protect the workbook (stopping all moving/copying), but then
provide a macro that does only what you want to support.

Be aware that workbook protection isn't going to stop anyone who really wants to
do this. It's not that robust.

--

Dave Peterson