Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hmm hmm is offline

Default Diplay chart in comment

I want a chart in my workbook to be included in a comment, or in any way to
be easily displayed whenever the user points or clicks on a designated cell.
Can it be done.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could hyperlink to the chart:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Hyperlinks.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"hmm" wrote in message
I want a chart in my workbook to be included in a comment, or in any way to
be easily displayed whenever the user points or clicks on a designated
cell.
Can it be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe...

If that chart is static--doesn't change, you could save the chart as a picture
and then plop that picture into the comment.

Debra Dalgleish shows how to add a picture to a comment:
http://contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture

In fact, if your chart changes, maybe you could use a macro to save the chart as
a picture, then continue that macro to update the picture in the comment.

If you want to try, Harald Staff has some code at David McRitchie's site:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2gif.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hmm hmm is offline

Thanks. I like the idea of placing a picture in a comment. But the
procedure in Contexture's web site only allows for placing a saved picture
file Isn't there a way to specify not a file but a chart in the same Excel
file?