debinnj

Default Drop down to diplay info from another sheet

OK I have data in a rate card sheet that I want to display in another
worksheet in the same book. This information will be selected from a drop
down list.

For instance if the user selects (New York) fromt eh drop down then I want
all the rates for New York to be displayed in the worksheet. THe infor is on
another sheet (the rate card)

How do I creat the drop down AND get the appropriate info to display?

Any thoughts?
Bob Phillips

If you have the rates in a table, vertical locations, horizontal rate 1,
rate 2, etc., you can simple use VLOOKUP

For instance, the DD is in A2, the table is in A1:E20 say on Sheet2. The
first rate is found with

=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A1:E20,2,False)

The second with

=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A1:E20,3,False)

etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"debinnj" wrote in message
OK I have data in a rate card sheet that I want to display in another
worksheet in the same book. This information will be selected from a drop
down list.

For instance if the user selects (New York) fromt eh drop down then I want
all the rates for New York to be displayed in the worksheet. THe infor is

on
another sheet (the rate card)

How do I creat the drop down AND get the appropriate info to display?

Any thoughts?

Alvin

- create a drop down box (from the Forms toolbar)
- give the input range
- link it to somewhere except cell A2 (output from DD will be integer)
- cell A2 would be "=INDEX([input range], [cell linked to DD],1)"
- A2 is now the key to Bob's VLOOKUP