Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hyperlinks to a Specific Page in Word doc..

I've been able to insert hyperlinks to certain places in a Word document by
using bookmarks, but so far I've been unable to hyperlink to a specific page
number. I don't want to create a bookmark for every page, so I'm trying to
generically reference a page. Some web postings claim that I simply need to
add "#X" to the end of the document reference to link to page X of the
document, but that doesn't seem to work (at least not in Excel 2000 or Excel
2003).

Anybody else have any success with this???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The main problem you have is that pages, as such, don't really exist in
a Word document. Instead, you have a block of text (and perhaps other
objects) that gets dynamically paginated by Word.

One normally links to content, not a physical location (where the
content could vary depending not just on editing, but on available
fonts, print drivers, printer settings, etc. that are out of your
control). Do you have a specific need to do so?

Perhaps there's a way to bookmark a page, but I don't know of any.
Perhaps posting in a Word newsgroup would give you a better idea.

In article ,
agilbert66 wrote:

I've been able to insert hyperlinks to certain places in a Word document by
using bookmarks, but so far I've been unable to hyperlink to a specific page
number. I don't want to create a bookmark for every page, so I'm trying to
generically reference a page. Some web postings claim that I simply need to
add "#X" to the end of the document reference to link to page X of the
document, but that doesn't seem to work (at least not in Excel 2000 or Excel
2003).

Anybody else have any success with this???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks JE. For the task I'm trying to accomplish, it would be much easier to
be able to reference physical pages, instead of creating 100+ bookmarks
throughout the word document. I completely understand what you're saying,
but I'm still hoping to find a way to reference the page number. There must
be a way...

Thanks again for replying...anyone else???

-AG