Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count If Specific word in specific range

1:
I need a formula which will calculate a specific word in excel
(specific word=Industrial)
I have already created a formula
=COUNTIF(H10:E12,"*industrial*")
It works fine in one specific range (E.g H10:E12). I need to add
another range in that formula. Everytime i try, i get an error message.
E.G H10: E12 AND F14:G20

2:
In the same spreadsheet i have filled in some cells with different
colours, using the fill tool
Red
Blue
Green

I need a forumla which will calculate each Red cell in a given range?
I need a forumla which will calculate each Blue cell in a given range?
I need a forumla which will calculate each Green cell in a given range?

Again the range i need will be two different ranges. E.g A1:B5 and
D1:D5

I look forward to your response

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

[...]