Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Easy Excel Question

Hi All,

I wanted to run a simple script/macro in Excel.

All I wanted is a rule whereby if a cell has a value of 0 (zero) I
would like to delete the row.

Can someone please assist?

TIA
Dolphy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Consider Cell Z100:

Sub kill_row()
Set r = Range("Z100")
If Not IsEmpty(r) Then
If r.Value = 0 Then
r.EntireRow.Delete

Note we check that the cell is not empty and has a real zero in it.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200725

"Dolphy" wrote:

Hi All,

I wanted to run a simple script/macro in Excel.

All I wanted is a rule whereby if a cell has a value of 0 (zero) I
would like to delete the row.

Can someone please assist?

TIA
Dolphy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gary,

I seem to be unable to use the below script. I'm using Office Xp
(Excel 2002).

I've copy and pasted the script using the below steps:

On the Tools menu in Microsoft Excel, point to Macro, and then click
Visual Basic Editor.
On the Insert menu, click Module.
Type or copy your code into the code window of the module.
If you want to run the macro (macro: An action or a set of actions you
can use to automate tasks. Macros are recorded in the Visual Basic for
Applications programming language.) from the module window, press F5.
When you're finished writing your macro, click Close and Return to
Microsoft Excel on the File menu.

What am I doing wrong?

Rgds,
Dolphy

"Dolphy" wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted to run a simple script/macro in Excel.

All I wanted is a rule whereby if a cell has a value of 0 (zero) I
would like to delete the row.

Can someone please assist?

TIA
Dolphy- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You must insure that cell Z100 has a zero in it.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200725

"Dolphy" wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted to run a simple script/macro in Excel.

All I wanted is a rule whereby if a cell has a value of 0 (zero) I
would like to delete the row.

Can someone please assist?

TIA
Dolphy- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

something like

for i=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row to 2 step -1
if cells(i,"a")=0 then rows(i).delete
next i

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dolphy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

I wanted to run a simple script/macro in Excel.

All I wanted is a rule whereby if a cell has a value of 0 (zero) I
would like to delete the row.

Can someone please assist?

TIA
Dolphy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Macros are very easy to install and use:

1. ALT-F11 brings up the VBE window
2. ALT-I
ALT-M opens a fresh module
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE window as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To use the macro from the Excel worksheet:

1. ALT-F8
2. Select the macro
3. Touch RUN

To learn more about macros in general, see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200725

"Dolphy" wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted to run a simple script/macro in Excel.

All I wanted is a rule whereby if a cell has a value of 0 (zero) I
would like to delete the row.

Can someone please assist?

TIA
Dolphy- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gary,

I've tried running the macro, this time I've ensured that cell Z100
has a zero (0) in it and I'm getting the following error when I try to
run the macro:

Compile error:
Expected: end of statement

Rgds,
Dolphy

"Dolphy" wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted to run a simple script/macro in Excel.

All I wanted is a rule whereby if a cell has a value of 0 (zero) I
would like to delete the row.

Can someone please assist?

TIA
Dolphy- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've used the below code and ensured that cell Z100 has a zero in it.

Sub kill_row()
Set r = Range("Z100")
If Not IsEmpty(r) Then
If r.Value = 0 Then
r.EntireRow.Delete

Rgds,
Dolphy

"Dolphy" wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted to run a simple script/macro in Excel.

All I wanted is a rule whereby if a cell has a value of 0 (zero) I
would like to delete the row.

Can someone please assist?

TIA
Dolphy- Hide quoted text -

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And you got that error message with this code.

Maybe you have a hidden character somewhere in your code.

I'd delete the existing version (remove the whole module and create a new
one???) and copy and paste from your post.

I did that and you posted code worked fine.

"Dolphy" wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted to run a simple script/macro in Excel.

All I wanted is a rule whereby if a cell has a value of 0 (zero) I
would like to delete the row.

Can someone please assist?

TIA
Dolphy- Hide quoted text -

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've tested the macro again.

All it's doing is erase the row 100 if it has a zero in it.

If it's working for you Dave, can you email it to me?

Just to re-iterate: what I would like the macro to do is delete all
rows if any of its cell have a zero in it.

BTW, I appreciate all of the input provided.

Rgds,
Dolphy

"Dolphy" wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted to run a simple script/macro in Excel.

All I wanted is a rule whereby if a cell has a value of 0 (zero) I
would like to delete the row.

Can someone please assist?

TIA
Dolphy- Hide quoted text -