Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Once I select cell with mouse excel freezes

I click on a cell with my mouse none of my functions work. I can't get out
of the cell or type or chose menu options. Please help!!! I have reinstalled
program and mouse work fine with all other programs.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Most often caused by hitting the F8 key and putting yourself into "Extended
Mode".

If you see EXT on status bar hit F8 again to clear.

Another fix can be tapping the wheel on your wheelie-mouse a few times.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP