NaughtyMouse

Default Mouse sticks in select range mode

When I open a spreadsheet (new or saved) and use the mouse to click in a
cell, the highlight (select) range is turned on and I cannot turn it off.
I've reinstalled the program and run the download to check for MSoffice
viruses
Bryan Hessey

Perhaps I have not understood your problem, but if you select another
cell or range does the highlight on the first selected cell or range
turn off?
If not I would check for a sticky CTRL key

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=482533

Naz

Could it be that StickyKeys has been accidentally activated?

To find out either press SHIFT 5 times or

StartSettingAccessibility

and then if activated turn it off.

StickyKeys effectivetly means tha user doesn't have to hold down SHIFT, ALT,
CTRL. They can achieve the same effect simply by pressing that key once and
it will lock until pressed again.

HTH

--

_______________________
Naz,

"NaughtyMouse" wrote:

When I open a spreadsheet (new or saved) and use the mouse to click in a
cell, the highlight (select) range is turned on and I cannot turn it off.
I've reinstalled the program and run the download to check for MSoffice
viruses

Peo Sjoblom

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt

might help

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"NaughtyMouse" wrote in message
When I open a spreadsheet (new or saved) and use the mouse to click in a
cell, the highlight (select) range is turned on and I cannot turn it off.
I've reinstalled the program and run the download to check for MSoffice
viruses

NaughtyMouse

Its not sticky keys, but that was a good guess.

To better describe the problem. I can work in a spreadsheet manually,
the problem occurs when I click the mouse on any cell.

You know if you click on a cell and drag the mouse it selects mulitple
cells?
When I click any cell I cannot type in the cell. The mouse highlights
(selects)
the cell and any cells in the direction I move the mouse. I cannot unselect
it.

Its driving me crazy.

NaughtyMouse

Yikes! Thank you.

I went into mouse properties and select "none" under wheel.
I have an old style mouse. It fixed it.

How it got turned on is another mystery. I suppose this
is another crime committed by "nobody." This nobody guy
terrorizes my home. LOL

Thanks again.
Biff

Hi!

Do you see the word EXT on the right side of the Status bar?

If so, press F8.

Biff

"NaughtyMouse" wrote in message
Its not sticky keys, but that was a good guess.

To better describe the problem. I can work in a spreadsheet manually,
the problem occurs when I click the mouse on any cell.

You know if you click on a cell and drag the mouse it selects mulitple
cells?
When I click any cell I cannot type in the cell. The mouse highlights
(selects)
the cell and any cells in the direction I move the mouse. I cannot
unselect
it.

Its driving me crazy.

Bryan Hessey

A portion of Dave McRitchie's site listed by Peo
(http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt) lists your problem
as 'draglock' and Robert Rosenberg's answer is there is shown as
"go to Start--Settings--Control Panel, Double-Click the Mouse
applet, then on the Buttons Tab change the action representing the
Wheel
(the number two button on my LogiTech cordless) to anything Other than
DragLock."

Hope this helps

Biff Wrote:
Hi!

Do you see the word EXT on the right side of the Status bar?

If so, press F8.

Biff

"NaughtyMouse" wrote in
message