Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default working with data in the same workbook?

I have a database table which imports data from the web. This is OK,
however I need to be able to extract certain entries and copy them to a
different worksheet.
The advanced filter cannot do it.
Pivot tables dont allow me to "copy down formulas in adjacent cells" - which
is a must
I would like to use the Import External Data function (this does everything
I want) except it links to a data source on my C:/ drive. I just want it to
link to a worksheet in the same workbook, this way it is portable since I
dont have a shared drive.
Have I missed something simple?
--
Thanks
Andrew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don, I am a real novice with writing code. I can record macros but thats
about it.
I tried doing this but ran into real problems with relative cell references
when I want to copy adjecent formulas - and the length of database keeps
changing.

Ideally I was looking for a way to change the SQL
"FROM `C:\Documents and Settings\andrew\Desktop\excel expected
invoice`.dbase dbase"
so instead of looking for c:\ it would just look in the current workbook for
the range.

is that possible?

--
Thanks
Andrew

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Hard to tell without seeing but a macro can be created to do what is
desired.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software