Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot tables range valued upon save in Excel 2007

Occassionally when I save and close a file, all of the pivot tables get range
valued and cannot be modified anymore when I reopen a file. I only started
getting this problem when I switched over to Excel 2007. Anybody know what
is going on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Brad

If you save the file as XL97-2003 format this will happen if you have used
any of the new PT features of XL2007, you should get the compatibility
feature though. Is this a native xlsx or an old xls?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge
"brad" wrote in message
Occassionally when I save and close a file, all of the pivot tables get
range
valued and cannot be modified anymore when I reopen a file. I only
started
getting this problem when I switched over to Excel 2007. Anybody know
what
is going on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am saving it in the old format. I didn't think I was using any of the new
PT features and it doesn't seem to happen consistently. I'll try converting
to the new format and see if this goes away. Thanks.