Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Passwords, Macro Security and Vs2007

When I create a workbookcontaining macros in Vs2007 and save it with
password protection I cannot run macros anymore after I open it again. This
problem also occurs if I convert (or save) an existing passworded workbook
from the xls to the xlsm 2007 version.
I have checked the security settings which are set at:
Enable all macros
Trust access to the VBA project object model.

If I choose the "Disable macros with notification" option, the security
warning appears but I am not given any other option from the security dialog
box except the option, "Help protect me from unknown content"!
Something I've also noted is that I also never ever get the option to,
"Trust all documents from this publisher" in the security dialog box.

I tried to see if making the relevant folders in the My Documents folders
trusted, without success.
I have repaired the Office2007 installation.
I'm using Windows XP Pro.

I don't think its a security issue as the problem only occurs if I save a
workbook using the Password to open feature (under ToolsGeneral Options,
which can be accessed when selecting Save As).

This is such a problem for me as I cannot convert or run any passworded
macro workbooks in Vs2007.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

(Replying to my own problem)

It seems Vs2007 may have a bug and I have had some communication with an MS
Tech who will advise further next week.
I don't know if other people have experienced this problem when using Vs
2007 when saving a workbook that is password protected. Has anyone
experienced this problem as well? ie Save a workbook containing macros and
protect the workbook with a password when saving it. Then close it and open
it again and see if the macros are enabled.

I'd appreciate feedback whether it is a problem or not.

Rob