Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Default Excel mark cursor

HI, Would it be possible to get an arrow or similar (eg pointer) when u have
the cursor over a cell in excell. SAP does allow a similar feature but it
doesnt seem to have it in excel. Any ideas? thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try:

Sub tst()
Application.Cursor = xlNorthwestArrow
MsgBox ("")
Application.Cursor = xlIBeam
MsgBox ("")
Application.Cursor = xlWait
MsgBox ("")
Application.Cursor = xlDefault
End Sub

"Joe" skrev:

HI, Would it be possible to get an arrow or similar (eg pointer) when u have
the cursor over a cell in excell. SAP does allow a similar feature but it
doesnt seem to have it in excel. Any ideas? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

well i ges so but not sure

by the way do u get a NorthwestArrow ?
i dont - just getting a standard arrow !

"Joe" skrev:

HI, Would it be possible to get an arrow or similar (eg pointer) when u have
the cursor over a cell in excell. SAP does allow a similar feature but it
doesnt seem to have it in excel. Any ideas? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean instead of the fat white cross?

I have never heard of a method to change that in Excel.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 May 2007 08:50:00 -0700, Joe wrote:

HI, Would it be possible to get an arrow or similar (eg pointer) when u have
the cursor over a cell in excell. SAP does allow a similar feature but it
doesnt seem to have it in excel. Any ideas? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

1.where do i need to enter the code below so it works everytime i use a excel
spreadsheet. I am afraid I will need all the steps.
2. So i do CTL+F and the celll will be brought up

"Joe" skrev:

HI, Would it be possible to get an arrow or similar (eg pointer) when u have
the cursor over a cell in excell. SAP does allow a similar feature but it
doesnt seem to have it in excel. Any ideas? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lets make a test to se if u can use any of the 3 choises u get

1. In ur sheet type ALT+F11
2. copy my code and select InsertModule Paste code here
3. In ur sheet type ALT+F8 and select tst and Run

macro show the 3 arrow-type u can get
and finaly reset to normal

post me back if u can use som of the 3

"Joe" skrev:

HI, Would it be possible to get an arrow or similar (eg pointer) when u have
the cursor over a cell in excell. SAP does allow a similar feature but it
doesnt seem to have it in excel. Any ideas? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub tst()
application.cursor = xlnorthwest arrow
end sub

sub untst()
application.cursor = xldefault
end sub

Cursor Property

Returns or sets the appearance of the mouse pointer in Microsoft Excel.
Read/write XlMousePointer.

XlMousePointer can be one of these XlMousePointer constants.

xlDefault The default pointer.
xlIBeam The I-beam pointer.
xlNorthwestArrow The northwest-arrow pointer.
xlWait The hourglass pointer.

Gord

"Joe" skrev:

HI, Would it be possible to get an arrow or similar (eg pointer) when u have
the cursor over a cell in excell. SAP does allow a similar feature but it
doesnt seem to have it in excel. Any ideas? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. Store it in a general module in your Personal.xls file so's it is available
for all open workbooks.

For more on Personal.xls see here.............

http://snipurl.com/1kugy

2. CTRL + F brings up the Find Dialog box. What cell are you referring to?

Gord