Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I use Excel to mark student's tests?

I have used excel to try and mark some tests for my students. I have their
answers on one sheet and then my answers on another sheet. I am trying to
use an IF statement to mark the answers but its not working, can anyone offer
any advice as to how I should go about this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How is it that you want to mark them? One simple way of doing it would be
to use the following IF formula to compare answers on sheet one to sheet 2.
Assuming there is a 20 question test, with each question being worth 5
points, you could have the formula return either a 5 or a 0....then simply
sum up the total to determine the final grade. The points may be changed
depending on the number of questions.

=IF(A1=Sheet2!A1,5,0)

Just click and drag the formula down for each question to be graded.

I hope this helps