Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dil Dil is offline

Default Using Solver - integer solution

I am using the solver feature to determine the minimum # of suppliers we need
to fill our demands. When I use my solver solution, it optimizes the number
of suppliers to be .6 of a supplier. Is there a way to force the numbers to
be integers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi. In general, you add the constraint that your particular changing
cells are "Int" for Integer. In the Constraint window, "Int" is the
fourth item in the pull-down menu.

HTH
Dana DeLouis

Dil wrote:
I am using the solver feature to determine the minimum # of suppliers we need
to fill our demands. When I use my solver solution, it optimizes the number
of suppliers to be .6 of a supplier. Is there a way to force the numbers to
be integers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Also read about Tolerance. Use Tools | Solver | Options | Help and you will
find
Tolerance:The percentage by which the target cell of a solution satisfying
the integer constraints can differ from the true optimal value and still be
considered acceptable. This option applies only to problems with integer
constraints. A higher tolerance tends to speed up the solution process

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme