Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Using Solver - integer solution

Also read about Tolerance. Use Tools | Solver | Options | Help and you will
find
Tolerance:The percentage by which the target cell of a solution satisfying
the integer constraints can differ from the true optimal value and still be
considered acceptable. This option applies only to problems with integer
constraints. A higher tolerance tends to speed up the solution process

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Dil" wrote in message
I am using the solver feature to determine the minimum # of suppliers we
need
to fill our demands. When I use my solver solution, it optimizes the
number
of suppliers to be .6 of a supplier. Is there a way to force the numbers
be integers?