Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Opening Excel 2007 application

When I double click on an excel file (from folder or e-mail attachment, etc),
my Excel 2007 application opens but I get an error "cannot find specified
file". WORD, PPT and other 2007 applications open the application and the
file with no porblem. If I open excel first (or leave the application open),
then double click on the file, the files open fine. Anyone know how to fix
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Try going into Windows Explorer, and doing Tools FolderOptions FileTypes
then selecting the .xls extention and then associating it with your

Excel.exe

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3