Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default recalculating formulas help

When I close a spreadsheet, I get a message that says, "Microsoft Office
Excel recalculates formulas when opening files last saved by an earlier
version of Excel." Is there any way to turn this feature off? I don't want
to turn off automatic calculation, but I handle dozens of spreadsheets every
day, and I get tired of clicking "no" every time I close a spreadsheet.
Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 9 May, 16:22, terry wrote:
When I close a spreadsheet, I get a message that says, "Microsoft Office
Excel recalculates formulas when opening files last saved by an earlier
version of Excel." Is there any way to turn this feature off? I don't want
to turn off automatic calculation, but I handle dozens of spreadsheets every
day, and I get tired of clicking "no" every time I close a spreadsheet.
Thanks in advance!

Not used this in a while, but I believe if you click yes, and allow
Excel to save the file, it will save in the latest format, so you will
not see this issue again for that file. (ie you have to deal with the
problem once for each file).

Alternatively, a registry edit (major caveat, registry hacks come with
a health warning) should solve the problem.
See http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecrets.htm

HTH

Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Since I get many new files every day, which I only open once, obtain the
information, and then delete, just saving it in the new format is not the
best solution for me. However, editing the registry works great. Thank you!