Twrchtrwyth

Default Recalculating problem.

I created a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 to track fat, carb, and protein
calories from various foods, then add them up. For a while, it would change
the total at the bottom of each column automatically. Then it stopped. Each
column now has to be recalculateds manually (by re-entering the formula)
every time I enter new data. Also, when I copy the formula, the cell window
shows the revised formula, but the total at the bottom is the absolute value
of the cell I was copying from--in other words, suppose the formula for n36
is =sum(n1:n35) and the total is 235. If I copy it to column p, the formula
shown is =sum(p1:p35), but the total is still 235. This is tedious and
frustrating. How can I get back to automatic recalculation?
--BTW, there's no problem in the rows, only the columns.

Bryan Hessey

did you check that Tools, Options, Calculations was set to Automatic?

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399693

Twrchtrwyth

Hi, Bryan:
Yes,
ToolsOptionsCalculations is set to automatic.

Hi,

Twrchtrwyth Wrote:
[...]

Bryan Hessey

Sorry, but am not aware of any other reason that would do that, . . . I
presume that your PC is not utilsed 100% (press CTRL/ALT/Del to bring up
Windows Task Manager, and select the Performance tag to see the % used,
. . . then select Processes tag and click the CPU column heading
(twice?) to show in order of the high usage processes, 'Idle' should
claim the highest usage)

Perhaps another has a better idea.

Twrchtrwyth Wrote:
Hi, Bryan:
Yes,
ToolsOptionsCalculations is set to automatic.

Hi,

Twrchtrwyth Wrote:
[...]

Bryan Hessey's Profile:

View this thread: