Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Percent change between two worksheets on same spreadsheet

Hi,

On Sheet #1 I have a list of amounts that I have added together for week one
in 2006. On Sheet #2 I have a list of amounts for week 1 2007. I want to a
find the difference in percet from week 1 in 2006 to week 1 in 2007. When I
do the operation it keeps giving me an answer of zero. ??? Im confucsed it
seems like a simple operation.

This is the formula that is giving me the answer of zero: (2006 is the name
of sheet #1, this formula is on sheet #2 called 2007)

='2006'!C50/'2007'!D50

thank you
Heath Taubitz
Lockheed Martin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Percentage change is difference between the two years divided by the base
year (2006):

=('2007'!D50-'2006'!C50)/'2006'!C50

with cell formatted as %

For your formula, how is the cell formatted?

HTH

"Thank you, Heath" wrote:

Hi,

On Sheet #1 I have a list of amounts that I have added together for week one
in 2006. On Sheet #2 I have a list of amounts for week 1 2007. I want to a
find the difference in percet from week 1 in 2006 to week 1 in 2007. When I
do the operation it keeps giving me an answer of zero. ??? Im confucsed it
seems like a simple operation.

This is the formula that is giving me the answer of zero: (2006 is the name
of sheet #1, this formula is on sheet #2 called 2007)

='2006'!C50/'2007'!D50

thank you
Heath Taubitz
Lockheed Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The cell is formatted for percent.

I will try the formula you gave me...I just pasted the formula and made sure
all the cells were correct, but it still gives me %0.00...???

"Thank you, Heath" wrote:

Hi,

On Sheet #1 I have a list of amounts that I have added together for week one
in 2006. On Sheet #2 I have a list of amounts for week 1 2007. I want to a
find the difference in percet from week 1 in 2006 to week 1 in 2007. When I
do the operation it keeps giving me an answer of zero. ??? Im confucsed it
seems like a simple operation.

This is the formula that is giving me the answer of zero: (2006 is the name
of sheet #1, this formula is on sheet #2 called 2007)

='2006'!C50/'2007'!D50

thank you
Heath Taubitz
Lockheed Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does it matter that in both cells D50 and C50 are results from (SUM) formulas
of the coloum? Im pulling from C50 which is a formula that is adding the
coloum of C to get the sum. ?

"Thank you, Heath" wrote:

Hi,

On Sheet #1 I have a list of amounts that I have added together for week one
in 2006. On Sheet #2 I have a list of amounts for week 1 2007. I want to a
find the difference in percet from week 1 in 2006 to week 1 in 2007. When I
do the operation it keeps giving me an answer of zero. ??? Im confucsed it
seems like a simple operation.

This is the formula that is giving me the answer of zero: (2006 is the name
of sheet #1, this formula is on sheet #2 called 2007)

='2006'!C50/'2007'!D50

thank you
Heath Taubitz
Lockheed Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The data in each cell is the result of adding the coloums...What I am trying
to do is get the percent difference between each week of the year for 2006 as
compared to the same week for 2007. The results in C50 and D50 are the sums
of all the sales for each Week 1 in 2006 and 2007 respectively. So there is a
formula (=SUM(D6:D49) in C50 and D50.

"Thank you, Heath" wrote:

Hi,

On Sheet #1 I have a list of amounts that I have added together for week one
in 2006. On Sheet #2 I have a list of amounts for week 1 2007. I want to a
find the difference in percet from week 1 in 2006 to week 1 in 2007. When I
do the operation it keeps giving me an answer of zero. ??? Im confucsed it
seems like a simple operation.

This is the formula that is giving me the answer of zero: (2006 is the name
of sheet #1, this formula is on sheet #2 called 2007)

='2006'!C50/'2007'!D50

thank you
Heath Taubitz
Lockheed Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No it doesn't matter that the cells contain a formula BUT what are results ..
what are the numeric values of the SUMs.

I have tried the formula exactly as I gave to you and it works fine,

"Thank you, Heath" wrote:

Hi,

On Sheet #1 I have a list of amounts that I have added together for week one
in 2006. On Sheet #2 I have a list of amounts for week 1 2007. I want to a
find the difference in percet from week 1 in 2006 to week 1 in 2007. When I
do the operation it keeps giving me an answer of zero. ??? Im confucsed it
seems like a simple operation.

This is the formula that is giving me the answer of zero: (2006 is the name
of sheet #1, this formula is on sheet #2 called 2007)

='2006'!C50/'2007'!D50

thank you
Heath Taubitz
Lockheed Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

the results from the sum of C50 and D50 are $38,189.00 and $83,131.00
respectivley...I understand what you are saying, Im doing it exactley how you
have advised. Yet I get 0.00%. So wierd.

thank you for your help Toppers...

"Thank you, Heath" wrote:

Hi,

On Sheet #1 I have a list of amounts that I have added together for week one
in 2006. On Sheet #2 I have a list of amounts for week 1 2007. I want to a
find the difference in percet from week 1 in 2006 to week 1 in 2007. When I
do the operation it keeps giving me an answer of zero. ??? Im confucsed it
seems like a simple operation.

This is the formula that is giving me the answer of zero: (2006 is the name
of sheet #1, this formula is on sheet #2 called 2007)

='2006'!C50/'2007'!D50

thank you
Heath Taubitz
Lockheed Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I got it...I just re-enterred the formula for the sums of the coloums and it
worked...i didnt chage the formulas that added the coloums, i just merely
re-entered it.

thank you
Heath

"Thank you, Heath" wrote:

Hi,

On Sheet #1 I have a list of amounts that I have added together for week one
in 2006. On Sheet #2 I have a list of amounts for week 1 2007. I want to a
find the difference in percet from week 1 in 2006 to week 1 in 2007. When I
do the operation it keeps giving me an answer of zero. ??? Im confucsed it
seems like a simple operation.

This is the formula that is giving me the answer of zero: (2006 is the name
of sheet #1, this formula is on sheet #2 called 2007)

='2006'!C50/'2007'!D50

thank you
Heath Taubitz
Lockheed Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Might be worth checking Tools/ Options/ Calculation, and make sure it's set
to Automatic.
--
David Biddulph

"Thank you, Heath" wrote in