Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Percent change between two worksheets on same spreadsheet

What is the data in the two cells?

"Thank you, Heath" wrote:

The cell is formatted for percent.

I will try the formula you gave me...I just pasted the formula and made sure
all the cells were correct, but it still gives me %0.00...???

"Toppers" wrote:

Percentage change is difference between the two years divided by the base
year (2006):

=('2007'!D50-'2006'!C50)/'2006'!C50

with cell formatted as %

For your formula, how is the cell formatted?

HTH

"Thank you, Heath" wrote:

Hi,

On Sheet #1 I have a list of amounts that I have added together for week one
in 2006. On Sheet #2 I have a list of amounts for week 1 2007. I want to a
find the difference in percet from week 1 in 2006 to week 1 in 2007. When I
do the operation it keeps giving me an answer of zero. ??? Im confucsed it
seems like a simple operation.

This is the formula that is giving me the answer of zero: (2006 is the name
of sheet #1, this formula is on sheet #2 called 2007)

='2006'!C50/'2007'!D50

thank you
Heath Taubitz
Lockheed Martin