Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default default opening

Hi,
I have a user that has both excel 2003 and 2007. (All the rest of office is
still 2003).
By default each excel file is opening in 2007, but I need it to be opened in
2003.
I tried to configure it by going to Files types in My computerToolsfolder
optionsFile types. I hit the restore button and it let me change the default
to excel 2003. But when I tried to double click a file, it gave me a message
that the file name could not be found but eventually it opened up. This goes
for each excel file, until I turned it back to be open with 2007.
Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try to re-register Excel 2003

Use the full path to the Excel.exe from 2003

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

1 ) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm