Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Form Functions

I have an excel Sheet in 2003. I am making a Configurator for like Computer
Systems. I am using drop down menu's for selecting of options. I have the
options actually in a separate sheet, and i have the drop down list linked to
the Data sheet. What I would love to do though is actually make the form to
where when ever they select an option from that Drop down list, it takes the
cost of that item from the Data sheet, and adds it to the total. So by the
time they are done configuring the system, they would have their total cost
on the system. Is there a way you can help me with this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Eric,

One way of doing this is by using the 'drop down' (combo) boxes in the
control toolbar (not on the forms toolbar)

The range of your data sheet go in 'ListFillRange' and the cell you want the
valut to be written to is 'LinkedCell'. Set the 'BoundCollumn' to the colum
of your range the values sit in and change 'ColumnCount' the the number of
colums you want to display.

HTH

Simon