Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SMC SMC is offline

Default I need to fill only empty cells in a database with a symbol.

I'm working with a database that requires first and last name for import. I
have all the last names but some of the first names are missing and will get
kicked out of the import. Normally, I type a . in the first name cell and
that works. However, I was hoping I could select the entire first name
column and fill only the cells that are empty with a .

That would be a big time saver as I'm currently dealing with about 1250
empty column cells.

Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the column containing the first names.
Hit <F5
Click "Special"
Click "Blanks"
Then <OK