adey v.

Default fill cell value to the next empty row

Is it possible to make ongoing entries one one worksheet ,automatically fill
to the next available line (row) on a linked spreadsheet? I'm so tired of
making huge , and largely blank, worksheets just to accomidate for every
poosibilty of where info could show up. Thanks everybody out there for your
help - you've been super!
adey v.
exceluserforeman

Hmmm,

You could try my DelBlankRows macro at:
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

You could assign it to a toolbar button and click it when you next update.

You could send me the workbook and any instructional information.
I could create a userform with listboxes and textboxes so that the user
cannot actually enter data ditrectly into the worksheet but into the texts
boxes. an update button to enter the text.

Any information received is not shared with any persons, either living or
presumed dead.

"adey v." wrote:

Is it possible to make ongoing entries one one worksheet ,automatically fill
to the next available line (row) on a linked spreadsheet? I'm so tired of
making huge , and largely blank, worksheets just to accomidate for every
poosibilty of where info could show up. Thanks everybody out there for your
help - you've been super!
adey v.

David McRitchie

Hi adey,
You are probably using the fill handle to copy rows down including
formulas. If not you should first become familiar with it.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm

But if you have a total at the bottom of your rows or want to insert and
delete rows it can be more complicated so suggest you read
Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
The formulas and constants are generated the same as with the fill
handle, the the macro will also remove the constants from the
inserted rows.
---
HTH,