Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Save a large file

Is there anyway to compress a file so it is smaller? I have a spreadsheet
that is 21,452 KB and is taking forever to save and open.
--
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

If it is mostly a data file, You might think about using access instead of
excel

if you have formulas which are no longer needed, copy and paste special
values.

split the workbook and reference the cells in the other owrkbooks.

"Kassandra" wrote:

Is there anyway to compress a file so it is smaller? I have a spreadsheet
that is 21,452 KB and is taking forever to save and open.
--
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

it should be the workbook which is the size.
Depending on the formulas, You can reference closed workbooks.
could you spearate this sheet from the rest of the workbook,