-   -   Save a large file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/140014-save-large-file.html)

Kassandra

Save a large file

Is there anyway to compress a file so it is smaller? I have a spreadsheet
that is 21,452 KB and is taking forever to save and open.
--
Thanks

bj

Save a large file

If it is mostly a data file, You might think about using access instead of
excel

if you have formulas which are no longer needed, copy and paste special
values.

split the workbook and reference the cells in the other owrkbooks.

"Kassandra" wrote:

Is there anyway to compress a file so it is smaller? I have a spreadsheet
that is 21,452 KB and is taking forever to save and open.
--
Thanks

Kassandra

Save a large file

Most of the cells already reference back to cells in previous sheets in the
same workbook. There are numerous fomulas that must be kept in the sheet
itself.
--
Thanks

"Kassandra" wrote:

Is there anyway to compress a file so it is smaller? I have a spreadsheet
that is 21,452 KB and is taking forever to save and open.
--
Thanks

bj

Save a large file

it should be the workbook which is the size.
Depending on the formulas, You can reference closed workbooks.
could you spearate this sheet from the rest of the workbook,