Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Grouping

I'm quite used to working with pivot tables but not good at creating them so
please go easy! I have36 columns of monthly data displayed jan06, feb06 etc
and I would like to group them into years so I can expand/collapse them as
required (BY YEAR)
At the moment I have to select/deselect each column. It would be easier to
select the relevant year and deselect as requireD

How do I do this? Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the values in the source data are dates, you can right-click on the
Date field button in the pivot table, then choose Group and Show
DetailGroup
In the list of grouping options, select Years and Months
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can try the Multiple consildated ranges...

Problem is you have to add the categories to each year. So if you just have
2 years it shouldn't be that bad. I grouped together 6 years of information
including actuals, budgets, and forecasts for my company and it's absolutely
amazed every one who works around here. Basically you set of the Pages so
that you can select the year, then select type, then group, or whatever you
want. It's awesome